Title VI Statement of Policy
It is the policy of the Cambria County Transit Authority to ensure compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; related statutes and regulations that ensure no person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
CamTran assures that no person shall on the grounds of race, color, or national origin be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. CamTran further assures every effort will be made to ensure non-discrimination in all of its programs and activities, whether those programs and activities are federally funded or not.
The objectives for CamTran also include the non-discrimination of persons with disabilities as a result of the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
1. To ensure that FTA assisted benefits and related services are made available and are equitably distributed without regard to race, color, national origin or disability;
2. To ensure that the level and quality of FTA assisted transit services are sufficient to provide equal access and mobility for any person without regard to race, color, national origin, or disability;
3. To ensure that opportunities to participate in the transit planning and decision making processes are provided to persons without regard to race, color, national origin, or disability;
4. To ensure that decision on the location of transit services and facilities are made without regard to race, color, national origin, or disability; and
5. To ensure that corrective and remedial action is taken by all applicants and recipients of FTA assistance to prevent discriminatory treatment of any beneficiary based on race, color, national origin, or disability.
CamTran has adopted a Title VI compliance program that is consistent with the requirements of FTA Circular 4702.1B and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Title VI Notice to the Public
Title VI Notice to the Public
The Cambria County Transit Authority (CamTran) is committed to providing nondiscriminatory transportation services to all of its passengers and potential passengers. CamTran prohibits discrimination in all of its programs and services on the basis of race, color and national origin.
Any person who is, or seeks to be a patron of any CamTran public vehicle shall be given the same access, seating and other treatment with regard to the use of such vehicle as other persons without regard to their race, color or national origin.
No person or group of persons shall be discriminated against with regard to the routing, scheduling or quality of transportation service furnished by CamTran on the basis of race, color or national origin.
Any person who believes that they have, individually, or as a member of any specific class of persons, been subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin may file a complaint with CamTran. A written complaint must be filed within 180 days after the date of the alleged discrimination. All complaints should be signed and include contact information. You may file a written complaint with CamTran, Safety and Risk Management, 502 Maple Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15901. You may also file a complaint by calling 814-535-5526 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Complaints may also be filed with the Federal Transit Administration’s Office of Civil Rights, no later than 180 days after the date of the alleged discrimination, 1760 Market Street, Suite 510, Philadelphia, PA 19103-4124, Phone: (215) 656-7070.
Any person who would like additional information on nondiscrimination requirements should call 814-535-5526 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. to make a request. Information will be mailed by CamTran to the person making the request after the person provides CamTran with a mailing address.