Employment at the Inclined Plane
Join the Inclined Plane Team
Interested in working for the best tourist attraction in our area? Do you love working with the public? Or do you have an interest in history? Ever aspired to operate the Inclined Plane?
For more than 120 years, people from all over the world have enjoyed visiting this historic attraction. The Johnstown Inclined Plane opened in 1889 and is the World’s Steepest Vehicular Inclined Plane. It is a historic landmark as well as a means of transportation for locals. If you are interested in working for a progressive organization in a team environment then consider applying for a position at the Johnstown Inclined Plane TODAY!
How to Apply
CamTran always accepts applications for future consideration, in the event a position becomes available in the future. All applications are active for six months from date of submission and kept on file for a period of one year.
We encourage all applicants to resubmit an application when there is a change in employment history. All applicants must complete a job application for each position for which they are applying. Resumes without a completed application will not be accepted.
You are also requested to complete the “Affirmative Action Data Record” form, that is part of the application for each open position. This form is used for statistical purposes only and will be used for compliance with the law.
Please follow the instructions below to submit your application:
1. Download, complete in its entirety, and sign the job application form. Indicate specifically the position for which you are applying. (required)
2. Attach a resume (optional)
3. Return the Application one of four ways:
Attn: Human Resources
502 Maple Avenue
Johnstown, PA 15901
2. Fax: (814) 536-5951
3. Scan and Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Hand-deliver to any CamTran location
Dependent on the position, a pre-employment skills assessment may be required.
You will only be contacted regarding your application, in the event you are selected for an interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - CamTran provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), genetic information, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, and other protected classifications.
Click here to view the EEO Policy Statement.
Inclined Plane Supervisor (Full-time)*
Manage, administer, and coordinate the operation of the Inclined Plane, the Inclined Plane Gift Shop and the Bus Stop Shop, promoting business through timely operation, effective customer service and quality products. Promote the use and value of the facility to the community and strive for profitability. Lead, motivate and direct the Incline and Bus Stop Shop personnel, ensuring quality work is performed in a timely, safe and efficient manner. Conduct Rule Compliance checks of Inclined Plane Operators and Conductors. Perform daily Fit-for-Duty checks of Inclined Plane Operator and Conductors. Perform all Safety Management System (SMS) duties as will be outlined in the Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan (PTASP). Will be the primary safety and security contact for Inclined Plane – 1st alternate Rail Security Coordinator. Salary: $35,900-$38,000
- A minimum of an Associate's degree in Business Administration with 3 years of retail experience and 3 years of supervisory experience or a minimum of 7 years retail experience and a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Must have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and other common computer programs.
- Must be willing to accept night and weekend callouts.
- Will be trained upon hire to operate the Inclined Plane, and must pass training.
- Must possess and maintain a valid PA driver's license.
For a complete list of job openings, visit CamTran's Employment Page.
*Safety sensitive positions subject to random drug and alcohol testing.